You just got engaged! There is so much to do, where do you start? What do you do, and when? Luckily for you, our experienced wedding coordinators have put together a wedding planning timeline checklist to ease you through the process – which starts after you have booked The Peachtree Club as your venue of course ;).
8 Months Before
- Research and book your wedding professionals – DJ, Florist, Photographer, Videographer, Wedding Coordinator, etc.
- Reserve accommodations for guests. Helpful tip: Look for hotels that offer discounts when booking more than 10 rooms.
- Begin your registry for gifts
6-8 Months Before
- Shop for wedding dress!
- Book ceremony musicians – if different than DJ or band
- Order bridesmaids dresses
- Start planning your honeymoon
- Send save-the-date cards
4-6 Months Before
- Shop and order invitations
- Shop and order wedding rings
- Book your bakery for wedding cake
3 Months Before
- Rent the men’s formalwear
- Hire wedding day transport: limousines, other cars, shuttles
2 Months Before
- Mail your invitations
- Write your vows
- Purchase gifts for parents, attendants, and each other
- Book hairstylist and makeup artist. Schedule trial run with each to find the perfect look.
- Determine wedding party placement for ceremony and determine the order for processional and recessional
1 Month Before
- Apply for your marriage license
- Have final gown fitting. Helpful tip: Bring your maid of honor or mom to learn how to bustle your dress.
- Contact all bridesmaids and make sure they have their dresses ready for wedding day
- Plan and order in-room welcome baskets for hotel rooms
- Make last minute adjustments with all vendors
- Finalize menu and beverages
2 Weeks Before
- Review final RSVP list and contact any guests who have not replied
- Turn in final headcounts to vendors and venue
- Deliver final shot list to photographer including names of those included in formal and group shots
- Deliver final song list to DJ or band including special song requests and “do not play” list
1 Week Before
- Confirm final details with all wedding professionals. Leave with them an emergency contact for your day-of event.
- Arrange for someone to return any rentals following the wedding
- Plan for someone to take the wedding dress to be cleaned and to return the groom’s formalwear following the event
- Groom: Get hair cut or trimmed
2-3 Days Before
- Have bridal gown pressed or steamed
- Groom: Attend final fitting and pick up formalwear
- Ask the best man to make sure all groomsmen attend fitting and pick up formalwear
- Confirm final pick up times and locations with transportation company
- Arrange for airport pick-ups of traveling family members and out-of-town guests
- Deliver welcome baskets to hotel concierge, make sure to include names and delivery instructions
- Create envelopes and write checks for any vendors expecting payment at or after the wedding
- Organize checks/tips to given out at wedding
- Bring unity candle, programs, place cars, guestbook, favors, and any other personal items for wedding day to rehearsal. Give to wedding coordinator.
- Bring and give marriage license to your officiant at rehearsal
- Rehearse your wedding ceremony! Encourage all bridal party members, ceremony readers, immediate family, and officiant to attend, making sure all details are planned.
- Attend rehearsal dinner. Present gifts to attendants.
- Get a good night’s rest!
Day Of Wedding
- Present gifts to parents. Coordinate and exchange gifts to each other.
- Give wedding rings to Best Man and Maid of Honor
- Assign a family member to be the photographer’s contact so they know who is who
- GET MARRIED!
- Enjoy your wedding reception!
- Write and send thank-you notes to gift-bearing guests and vendors who were especially helpful
- Send positive praise to any exceptional vendors by writing them a review online